Application OPEN: Online Application
Application Deadline: June 1, 2016
Decisions Out: Before June 30, 2016
Cohort 4 start: September 9, 2016
Email email@example.com with any questions.
PhD Student Applicants
To be considered for the program, PhD student applicants must:
- Be full-time students in a doctoral program, in good standing
- Be in their third year or beyond of graduate study
- Have completed their qualifying examinations and advanced to candidacy by the start of the program. We are aware some programs have different timelines and definitions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about eligibility.
To be considered for the program, postdoctoral applicants must:
- have completed at least six months in their mentor's lab.
Applicants can fill out an application online.
- Once you fill out the form, hit the submit button at the bottom of the page.
Letter of Support
All applicants will need to submit a letter of support from their primary mentor/adviser.
- Mentors should
- State their support for the applicant’s participation in this program
- Discuss the applicant's academic and research progress
- Submission: Emailed by mentor or applicant to email@example.com
As you put together application materials, please consider how the selection committee will evaluate the applications:
- current GPA (for predoctoral trainees only)
- undergraduate GPA (for predoctoral trainees only)
- strength of application essays
- evidence of prior activities providing exposure to careers outside academia
- level of support evident in mentor’s letter
Nominations will be reviewed by a faculty committee convened by the BEST Executive Committee.